Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Holiday decorating makes me itchy. 

See I am this strange blend of Type A and artsy. 

I like my surroundings to be beautiful expressions of life but I don't have time to be switching things out all the time.
That and the mess and organization of said decorations.

So, here is my contribution to Valentine's Day. 
Dollar aisle at Target.

Do you think the Gael men will appreciate this? 
Better question:  will they notice?

(I carefully placed these items under the televsion in an attempt to secure notice.)


Vases from Target/Votives from PartyLite

I started this blog at request of some relatives who where very entertained by my work stories.

I am collecting them and will make a regular Early Childhood Entry.

Just so you know.  Funny kid stories coming.

We are over halfway through January so I though maybe I should look at my goals for the year.

Amongst them are completing 3-4 graduate courses. 

Surviving the first child leaving home.

Enjoy graduation.

Help Alex get his permit/school permit.

Turn 40.

Celebrate my 20th anniversary.

Live a balanced life (this will be on here until I die.)


Then there is the perpetual weight loss/healthy living goal. 

I like food.  Actually, I LOVE food.
Especially baked goods like cookies, cake, muffins, etc.

Exercise.
Not so much.

Piggy Bank from Target

So, the piggy bank is my newest attempt at marrying extrinsic and intrinsic motiviation for optimum success.
Here is the plan:
$0.50/day I exercise (cardio or strength)
$0.50/day I stay within the caloric intake goal
$1.00/lb. lost (has to be a new pound not one I've already lost and regained)

When I reach my goal I will take the money and do something fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment