Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Art Gallery Graduation Party-Centerpieces

Learned something about my friends when I put out an all call for
wine bottles.
I know some SERIOUS wine drinkers...WOW!!
I am totally kidding here....there was no one person that had more than any other.
Thanks people, keep 'em coming.

Any who, I decided to transform a few into a sample centerpiece.
As stated in a previous post, I am really bad at before pictures.
I forgot to take pictures with labels on.
So this is mid-project:



I included the all important bottle of GOO GONE because it was integral to the process.
I soaked all the bottles in hot soapy water.
Not all labels are created equal...some came off super easy while others were not ready to let go.
This was the most difficult part..involved scraping, layers of goo gone, more scraping, repeat.
I emptied a few more wine bottles in the process...not really but I was close.

After many hours the colored bottles were ready for paint and the clear for a chalkboard label.
Two coats of paint and a chalk setting glaze later, here is a sample of what we are going for:


Obviously, my mini-table is not nearly the size of table we will be using at graduation,
but it's just a preview, people!



Butcher block will ground our centerpiece and also act as a doodle pad for anyone choosing to dabble with the art supplies in the mason jars. 
Pearl colored tissue balls will offset the wine bottles.
These are just plain white tissue paper, but its just January.  Lots of time to buy the right tissue paper.

No.

We won't be serving alcohol at a high school graduation party.

Geesh!!!



Each bottle will be holding a different type of flavored lemonade.
Good stuff...I'm not telling what kind.
There have to be some surprises.

I don't have all the needed supplies for the photo trees so those will also be a surprise.
They will be intermixed with the craft jars.

Mom's are amassing large quantities of embarrassing pictures of the graduates to proudly
display on said trees.

2 comments:

  1. Hey now...wine if good for your heart....and your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I loved this graduation party centerpiece. Few days ago I too threw my daughter a graduation party at one of New York Event Venues. Made elegant ideas for the day. She and her friends enjoyed it and liked my work too.

    ReplyDelete